Spruce Street Farmers Market Kicks Off June 7
The Town of Manchester’s annual Spruce Street Farmers Market will return on Wednesdays, June 7 through August 30, 2023, from 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM at Market Field, 163 Spruce Street. With vendor selections thoughtfully curated to include diverse food & business owners, the Spruce Street Farmers Market will have a little bit of something for every prospective shopper.
Spruce Street Farmers Market vendors are thoughtfully curated to include a variety of food and business owners, with products including: fresh fruits & vegetables, meats & eggs, honey & maple syrup, gluten-free baked goods, vegan offerings, CT food trucks & artisans. Free parking is available across the street at the Nathan Hale Activity Center, 160 Spruce Street.
The Spruce Street Farmers Market also accepts EBT payments and will double the value of SNAP purchases up to $20.00 (spend $20.00 using your EBT card to receive an additional $20.00 to spend on SNAP-eligible items). In addition, all children in attendance will receive a $2.00 Power of Produce (P.O.P.) vouchers at each weekly market to spend on fresh produce; this program is offered in collaboration with the Manchester Early Learning Center.
The current full season vendor listing for the upcoming season includes:
- Allard Family Farm (poultry, eggs, beef)
- Black Cat White Dog (microgreens – no 8/9 & 8/19)
- Birch Mountain Farm
- Bob’s Jerky for a Cause (beef jerky)
- Bussa Orchard (apples, various produce – no June dates)
- Crafted to a T (pottery – no 6/7 & 6/14)
- Dondero Orchards (produce, jams, baked goods)
- Fenner Forest Farm (mushrooms, mushroom salts and blends – no 7/5)
- LAW TEEZ Apparel (no 7/12 & 7/19)
- Manchester Arts & Crafts (notecards, assorted paper crafts – no 6/7 & 6/14)
- Manchester Cheesecake
- Miss Cutie Pie’s Dog Treats (all natural dog treats)
- Ovelle Coffee Co. (coffee and associated products)
- Pop’s Famous Guac (guacamole, tortilla chips)
- Standish Brook Farm (breads, cookies, various baked goods)
- The Ital Juicery Co. (juices and smoothies)
- Wilkinson Farm (maple syrup, honey, maple food novelties, herbs, produce)
The current guest vendor listing includes (food trucks in bold):
- JUNE 7: Square Peg Pizzeria, Good Farm, Center Street Soap, Fernandes Farmstead, Soft Petalz, Manchester Lions Club & a craft with MELC
- JUNE 14: Lobster Tales, Finn Rowan, Athira Sanal, Chef Kim’s Spices, Fernandes Farmstead, Legacy Family, PFLAG Manchester/Hartford
- JUNE 21: Hungry Lion, DJ Dale, Aj Artist, Fernandes Farmstead, Soft Petalz
- JUNE 28: Square Peg Pizzeria, Bill Ludwig, Chef Kim’s Spices, Fernandes Farmstead, Laurie Lynne’s Jewelry & Candles, Legacy Family, Robin Simpson Design Stained Glass
- JULY 5: Lobster Tales, Jojo’s Cookies and Caneles, Soft Petalz
- JULY 12: Square Peg, Center Street Soap, Legacy Family
- JULY 19: Hungry Lion, Aj Artist, Chef Kim’s Spices, Soft Petalz
- JULY 26: Soulfully Vegan, Legacy Family
- AUGUST 2: Square Peg Pizzeria, Chef Kim’s Spices, Laurie Lynne’s Jewelry & Candles, Simpson Design Stained Glass, Soft Petalz
- AUGUST 9: Lobster Tales, Music by Willie T. and Dr. Z, Aj Artist, Athira Sanal, Legacy Family
- AUGUST 16: Scatz BBQ, Chef Kim’s Spices, Jojo’s Cookies and Caneles, Soft Petalz
- AUGUST 23: Square Peg Pizzeria, Legacy Family
- AUGUST 30: Square Peg Pizzeria, Chef Kim’s Species, Center Street Soap, Soft Petalz
For the first time ever, each weekly Spruce Street Farmers Market will have its very own theme. Themes for the upcoming season include:
- JUNE 7: Opening Day Scavenger Hunt – Pick up a market scavenger hunt at our Welcome Pavilion and learn more about our market while you complete it! Live music by Finn Rowan & a free kids’ craft sponsored by MELC.
- JUNE 14: Pride Month – Pride flag giveaway* & live music by Finn Rowan.
- JUNE 21: Children’s Day – Enjoy music by DJ Dale & free temporary tattoos. Be sure to enjoy our bubble machine as well!
- JUNE 28: Manchester Day – We’re recognizing the Town of Manchester’s Bicentennial with free swag*! Come meet Manchester vendors & Town departments and register for programming. Live music by Town of Manchester Troubadour Bill Ludwig.
- JULY 5: Picnic Day– Stay and enjoy your market purchases at our picnic tables and blankets, with live music by Finn Rowan, & free kids’ activity sponsored by MELC.
- JULY 12: Recipe Day – Free recipe books from Connecticut Grown*! Visit market vendors for recipe ideas & visit UCONN SNAP-Ed.
- JULY 19: 100th Market Celebration – Enter to win a $100 Market Gift Certificate valid at all vendors (valid at Spruce Street and Northwest Park Farmers Markets)! Hear a proclamation by the Mayor, participate in an interactive mural and enjoy free cake slices*!
- JULY 26: Market Bingo – Pick up and return your completed market bingo card at our Welcome Pavilion for a free prize*!
- AUGUST 2: Dog Day – Bring your dog and receive a free dog bandana!* Meet guest vendors with dog products; we will partner with Our Companions Animal Rescue.
- AUGUST 9: National Farmers Market Week – Meet Gilbert & Meadow the Party Pigs from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM! Free temporary tattoos,* Touch-a-Tractor & come craft thank you notes for our farmers. Live music by Willie T. and Doctor Z.
- AUGUST 16: Honey Bee Day – Market vendor Wilkinson Farm will have a bee observation display & honey for sale. Stop by the Welcome Pavilion for a free bee-themed craft!*
- AUGUST 23: Sports Day – Free pick-up badminton & additional games on Market Field. Be sure to wear your favorite team’s jersey!
- AUGUST 30: Closing Day Contest – Visit our Welcome Pavilion and be entered to win one of four $10 Market Gift Certificates (valid at Spruce Street and Northwest Park Farmers Market)!
*= while supplies last
Market Coordinator Cynde Acanto, now in her 4th season with the Neighborhoods & Families Division, is excited to return for another outdoor season at Market Field. In addition to the slate of vendors, artisans & performers, the market will be offering gift certificates for the very first time.
“New this year: market gift certificates – perfect for gift giving and available at our Welcome Pavilion,” Acanto said. “We can’t wait to welcome everyone back to Market Field!”
The Spruce Street Farmers Market is just the start of the Town of Manchester’s Farmers Market Series. Join us for the Northwest Park Farmers Market, scheduled to run on Wednesdays, September 6 through October 25, from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM at Northwest Park, 448 Tolland Turnpike.
For those looking for their winter market fix, join us for the Shop Small Saturday Market (Saturday, November 25, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM) & the Indoor Holiday Market (Saturday, December 16, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM) at the Nathan Hale Activity Center, 160 Spruce Street.
Whether a long-time market patron or you plan on swinging by for the very first time, all are welcome to join us for the sixth annual Spruce Street Farmers Market!
Questions? Follow the Spruce Street Farmers Market on Facebook & their official website or contact Market Coordinator Cynde Acanto at [email protected].