Fitness Center at Community Y Re-opens
It has been 6 long months since we last had visitors to our fitness center at the Community Y. Months without weights clanging, months without treadmills whirling, months without seeing the faces of familiar fitness buffs and months without welcoming new members. Well, that is all over. Finally, the Fitness Center is ready to re-open to the public. There are changes, of course new protocols, safety measures, masks etc… But there are also exciting upgrades that have taken place while we were closed. New weight equipment has been installed, deep cleaning of machines, carpets, floors and walls. Cardio and weight equipment has been maintained and repaired. We are ready.
What has changed? Several things: to keep in line with CDC, state and local health department regulations, the Town of Manchester will limit fitness center capacity to 12 people per hour (subject to change per State of CT guidance). To maintain healthy operations at our facility the following entrance/exit procedures will be instituted:
- Capacity limited to 12 people per hour
- Reservations required to use the fitness center. Walk–ins not permitted.
- Reservations may be made on-line or over the phone.
- A valid Town of Manchester facility pass is required to enter the facility. Passes may be purchased at the Community Y Recreation Center.
- Masks must be worn by all patrons when entering and exiting the facility and when moving about common spaces.
- Social distancing must be maintained while using cardio machines, free weights and other fitness equipment. Masks will be required when using the fitness center and for the duration of your workout. Some machines will be unavailable to allow for social distancing.
- Bathrooms are available. Lockers will not be available for use.
- All patrons are required to wipe down equipment before and after each use. This includes free weights, machine accessories, benches, weight plates etc
- “Super-setting” and utilizing multiples machines at one time is not permitted. Please use one machine at a time and disinfect before and after use.
- Staff will be sanitizing and disinfecting on a regular basis.
To make a reservation, visit www.reconline.townofmanchester.org or call the Community Y at 860-647-3164 and a staff member will be more than happy to make a reservation for you.
Reservations may be made up to a week ahead in advance. There is no limit to the amount of time or number of days you may reserve. However, max capacity per hour is limited to 12 participants. Click to make a reservation, or call the Community Y at 860-647-3164 and a staff member will be more than happy to make a reservation for you. Reservations may be made up to a week ahead in advance. There is no limit to the amount of time or number of days you may reserve. However, max capacity per hour is limited to 12 participants.
The Community Y Fitness Center is open Monday- Friday, 8:30 AM -8:00 PM and Saturdays 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. We are located at 78 North Main Street. You can reach us by calling 860-647-3164.