Lifelines - Hotlines
All your friends have advice about how to deal this pandemic: keep your head up, eat right, get exercise, connect with friends, get some sleep, and on, and on, and on…. But what about when you’re in crisis and need to talk with a professional?
Pick up your phone. Here are some hotline resources:
- Call 2-1-1 for local resources regarding food and other basic needs
- Call 2-1-1 for the Connecticut suicide hotline, 24/7
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress
- Helpline call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746.
- Domestic Violence Hotline — Interval House — 888-774-2900. Bilingual services, 24/7
These are difficult times. People care. Help is out there.